EQ is used to identify personality traits collectively known as Emotional Intelligence. In recent years the business and further education community have valued emotional intelligence very highly. In business, it has been said that a person with high EQ and average IQ will significantly outperform those with a high IQ and average EQ.
Emotional Intelligence is made up of the following personal traits:
- Self Awareness – The ability to recognise your own emotions and control them.
- Empathy – The ability to understand the position of others
- Social Skills – Interactions with others
- Self Motivation – Being able to motivate yourself
- Change – The ability to handle and manage change.